Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My position on same-sex marriage

I want to share this article, recently published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, about their position on same-sex marriage. It is my position as well.

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-divine-institution-of-marriage

I highly recommend reading this! I think it had to have been written by Elder Bruce Hafen. In his book Covenant Hearts, which I highly recommend, he talks extensively about the sacredness of the marriage covenant. (Click on the title - it's on sale right now at Deseret Book for only $4.99!)

The right of a child to be raised in a home with a father and mother is one of the arguments that needs to be at the forefront of the same-sex v. traditional marriage debate. Let us not slide into a society that puts individual adult rights before that of innocent children.

No comments: