Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No foolin'!

This is really something to come on April Fool's day like this, but I'm telling you, it's not a joke! Bruce came in this morning from feeding the calf (see the cool sunrise in the picture?) and announced that Lady had her foal! You can imagine the excitement - everyone running through the house yelling, "Lady had her baby!"

I ran out with my camera to snap a few pictures before going to an 8:30 am Temple Session. It was our ward's "Fill the Temple" day, so Bruce and I did an Initiatory session and an Endowment session. It was wonderful to feel bathed in light in the Temple.

So now we have two little foals running around in the pastures. How fun is that! This is one of the most fun things about having animals!! We still don't know what it is, colt or filly. This one is Libby's, so she gets to name it. Bruce really likes the coloring on this foal. He's been waiting for one of this color. He wants to name it "Rodeo" or "Cowboy". Libby's more likely to name it Butterfly, or something like that! Bah! What's a man to do? My vote is "Fool's Gold".

Mary is considering naming her colt Hailstorm, because we first noticed him in the middle of a hailstorm, and he's the color of the sky during a hailstorm. We'd call him Storm or Stormy for short.

Here is Libby bringing in the eggs last night.
I'll end with the question Libby asked me as we took her and Peter to school this morning, "Mom, why are we so upset about animals?" I think she meant obsessed...

1 comment:

WhettenWild said...

I hope you really aren't April Fooling me! Oh well, if you are. That is really cool and exciting for you guys.