Monday, September 26, 2016

Happy September

Our neighbor Gracie captured Peter doing a header in his soccer game week before last.  If you click on the pictures you can see them in a larger size.

Starting to jump for the ball...
 Check out how high he is here!
 He and the keeper both go for it at the same time.
 And the poor keeper gets the raw end of the deal.
The ball went the wrong way - not into the goal - but it was an awesome header!

Bruce and I have really had fun in the month of September going to Peter and Libby's soccer games.  Unfortunately, their games are at the same exact time!  They both play the same high school on the same day, one home and one away.  So Bruce and I spend our Tuesdays and Thursday evenings watching whoever is playing the home game.  We usually end up staying for the Varsity game too, which is fun to watch.

Speaking of High School activities, Peter asked Halli to Homecoming on Saturday night!  He took a cantaloupe over to her which had a note with it that said, "Since we cant-elope, will you go to Homecoming with me?"  Hahaha  Good one Peter!

I was privileged this week to attend an Advanced Retreat (yes - another one!) for Healer's Blueprint Practitioner's.  It was wonderful to be with these amazing ladies at Bear Hollow, a beautiful location.
 Sherisse - one of the many friends I felt a special connection with here.
And within the hour from when I got home, Libby and I turned around and went to another fantastic meeting - the General Women's Session of the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Wow - it  was wonderful.  I especially loved Sister Carol M. Stephens talk about the Atonement and Sister Bonnie Oscarson's talk about teaching in the right way.

I am astounded to be surrounded by so many incredible women in my life.  My days are filled with the example, love and friendship of wonderful, wonderful human beings.  I hope, even in the smallest of ways, to give back even a modicum of what flows to me every day.

No comments: