Monday, September 19, 2016

High School Friends Retreat

My high school friends and I got together this weekend at my friend Amy's cabin in Utah.  We had a marvelous time together!  
L to R Standing: Amy, Shauna, Michelle, Teresa, Amy, Suzanne, Karen
L to R Seated: Lorena, Jennifer, Julie

We ate well, talked a lot, and enjoyed beautiful fall colors.  This is a picture of us 12 years ago:
We went on a beautiful hike:
These five made it to the top.  (I wasn't one of them).  But I did make it far enough for my legs to be aching that night!
Lincoln Highway gave a free concert in the park.
We also went to Cascade Springs, a beautiful spot where there are natural springs.
 


I have been surrounded by good and dear friends all my life.  It is one of the wonderful blessings Heavenly Father has given me.  I hope every day I can give back and find the one person who needs a friend.

The downside of this retreat was that I had to miss Stake Conference.  :(
Bruce, Peter and Libby sang in the choir.  One of their numbers was My Shepherd Will Supply My Need, and they were accompanied by two harps and a flute.  I went to a few of the rehearsals, and the choir was amazing.  By all accounts it was a wonderful conference.

Bruce and I have been praying and fasting about the sale of our house.  We would appreciate any who could pray with us.  We feel excited about this next step in our lives, and look forward to getting things moving (literally)!

Josh and Kevin started their first week of school this week at BYU-I.  Mary is working full time in the Support Center there.  Joseph was lonely all week without Josh!  They really enjoyed their time together the last five months, being roommates at BYU-I, and then working together in Virginia.  Nic and Becca stopped by to say hi for a few minutes on Friday morning.  It was so fun to see them!

Happy September everyone!

No comments: