Sunday, March 6, 2016

Becca's Baptism!

We had the wonderful opportunity yesterday to attend Becca's baptism.  She looked forward to this day for years - literally - and it was truly a joyful occasion.
Becca has told me before that Mary was a wonderful missionary to her.  I love this picture of the two of them!

Becca with her parents, Sean and Lisa.
Peter was missing from this picture because Josh had already taken him over to his play practice.

Peter sang in an ensemble this week at the High School Solo & Ensemble Festival.  He sang "Love at Home" with Travis, McAllister boy, Ryan, Isaac, Ethan, Eric and Neal.  The got a Superior!
The judge at the end asked, "Which girl got you together?" And Peter and Travis pointed to Josh!  haha  The truth is that the idea was hatched when my friend Leah asked Josh to give her sons voice lessons, and it evolved into this a Capella group thanks to her arranging it.  The fact is that the judge hadn't very often if ever seen an ensemble of 8 freshman boys.  Way to go Middletones!  And way to go Josh for being a great mentor!

I also accompanied Becca at the same Festival singing a solo - Lass From the Low Country - and she sang beautifully!  And I accompanied for her Ensemble made up of David, Ethan, Gunnar, Kevin, Becca, Annie, Aubrey and Zoe.  They sang "Will There Really Be a Morning".  It was beautiful too!

I got to go out to lunch with Becca's Mom, Lisa, that day too, which was fun.  When we walked in the restaurant, Josh was sitting there eating lunch!

Peter has been working like crazy this week in preparation for the musical Beauty and the Beast.  The cast had rehearsal every night this week until 8 pm!  Crazy!  Peter said that the rehearsals were fine - he had food, friends and his drone.  What more could a boy want?  But the long schedule started to wear on people.  I had the opportunity to get several throat chakras moving and give some immune and endocrine support this week.!  :)

We had Devyn here this past weekend, as Josh was taking care of him while his parents, Larren and Caralee, went on a choir tour with Rebecca and Ashley.  Joseph came early Friday morning to help with that also.  So fun to have him home!

Friday afternoon, we got a very spontaneous visit from Craig & Jenette and their three kids!  So fun!  They were in 7th heaven with new territory to explore.  We loved having them here this weekend!  Mary and Kevin arrived right after they got here, so we had a full house on Friday night!

Today they reorganized our Stake Presidency, and the men that were called are wonderful.  I'm so grateful for the smooth transition of leadership that takes place in this Church.  It is a wonderful thing. Bruce, Josh, Joseph, Becca, Libby and I all sang in the Stake Choir.  After Church we gathered from some yummy tacos.  And some pictures, of course!  Mary and Kevin are not in these pictures because Mary was sick and they had been over at Kevin's house.



 Becca really tried to pull off that frowny face...
 But ended up just laughing instead!

I got to give Mary a Foot Zone before she left.  It was her first time to see the video that I put together, and she kept saying, "That's my foot!"  ha ha  Kevin was so attentive to Mary while she was sick.  I'm grateful for his kindness.

Bruce and I have had the marvelous experience of rehearsing for a performance of Handel's Messiah with a multi-stake/community choir on Easter Sunday.  It has been an inspiring experience and I have learned so much by being taught by a wonderful director.

In the evening, Josh brought over a friend and we played the card game "Set".  Libby is so good at this game!

I have two thoughts to end the night with.  The first is a poem that Joseph read to me in the kitchen this afternoon.  He cried as much as I did.  (He has his Grandfather's genes).

The Watered Lilies
(Author unknown)

The Master stood in his garden,
  Among the lilies fair,
Which His own right hand had planted, 
  And trained with tend'rest care.

He looked at their snowy blossoms,
  And marked with observant eye
That the flowers were sadly drooping,
  For their leaves were parched and dry.

"My lilies need to be watered,"
  the Heavenly master said;
"Wherein shall I draw it for them,
  And raise each drooping head?"

Close to the pathway,
  Empty, and frail, and small,
An earthen vessel was lying,
  Which seemed no use at all;

But the Master saw, and raised it
  From the dust in which it lay,
And smiled, as He gently whispered,
  "This shall do My work today:

"It is but an earthen vessel,
  But it lay so close to Me;
It is small, but it is empty--
  That is all it needs to be."

So to the fountain He took it,
  And filled it full to the brim;
How glad was the earthen vessel
  To be of some use to Him!

He poured fourth the living water
  Over His lilies fair,
Until the vessel was empty,
  And again He filled it there.

He watered the drooping lilies
  Until they revived again;
And the Master saw with pleasure
  That His labor had not been vain.

His own hand had drawn the water
  Which refreshed the thirsty flowers;
But He used the earthen vessel
  To convey the living showers.

And to itself it whispered,
  As He laid it aside once more,
"Still will I lie in His pathway,
  Just where I did before.

"Close would I keep to the Master,
  Empty would I remain,
And perhaps some day He may use me
  To water His flowers again."

And this is a quote - I don't know who wrote it but I feel these words have become MY WORDS.

Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.  The dye has been cast.  I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.  
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.  
I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk with patience, arm uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.
I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.
And, when He return for his own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My banner will be clear.

No comments: