Sunday, September 27, 2015

All Things Testify There is a God

What a beautiful blood moon we are seeing this evening!  Mary and I climbed up on the roof and got to see it change from the time it was a crescent moon to when it was a full blood moon.  We were joined one by one by people from the Singles Branch, who were here for scripture study, and then Bruce and Peter came up after milking Buttercup, Butterscotch and Lilly, and then even our Home Teachers came up - Doug and his son Jacob.  Fun!


I was so moved by the beautiful moon.  I felt the Spirit testify to me of the beauty and grandeur of our God, and felt comforted by the signs in the heavens that he is hastening his work.  Uncle Chris called me at about 7:30 pm and said they were looking at it down in Arizona.

A few weeks ago Bruce took Libby and others on a horseback ride.  Brett is on the back with Libby, and Parker is behind.  Donna, a foreign exchange student staying with Brandi and Jason is behind.

 Another picture right before the plane ride last week!
Jesse got transferred this week!  It was an emergency transfer to replace a sister that sadly had to go home because she was sick.  Elena, my Mom's best friend since childhood was in Jesse's last area, and she called my Mom after she was transferred and Elena was fit to be tied!  She said that Jesse was the best sister missionary they had ever had in their area - she knew the scriptures, she opened her mouth and talked, and the whole ward was excited about missionary work.  She said the whole ward was disappointed that she got transferred!  Jesse is loving her new area, and she is in the ghetto.  She said this week, "come to California and meet people that say, 'I'll ax him'.  Either they are all serial killers or they accidentally, kinda sorta don't know how to say the word 'ask'. "  Yes - learning new dialects of English is fun!  Here she is visiting an ostrich farm.  She loves ostriches.  She had a stuffed ostrich toy when she was young and it was her favorite one.
Mary was invited to go to the Symphony on a date, so she was raiding my closet for new dresses.  She found the dress that Bruce bought me when he picked me up at the airport when I came home from my mission.  NOTE:  I had already been released in Chile where my parents lived at the time.  So he took me straight from the airport to the mall where we bought his wedding ring at Macey's and he bought me this Laura Ashley dress.  Mary did end up wearing it to the Symphony.  Cool!
And Mary posted this on Facebook today.  These are pictures that Aunt Michelle put together of Mary and her Grandma LuJeanne (Bruce's mother).

She passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and we miss her.  But we don't have to look very far to find someone who looks like her!

A couple of weeks ago our friends came over and Peter ended up holding Abby in the swing.
And here's Peter playing soccer.  He has been playing great!  He had a shot on goal this week, but it went straight to the keeper.  :)

Josh is having a great time at college with cousin Kaleb and his other roommate Andrew, or "Rooney" as Josh calls him.

Josh is serving as the Executive Secretary in his ward, and between that calling, his classes and still working at the sandwich shop, he is one busy fellow!  But obviously leaving enough time for fun!

Joseph has been working the swing shift at his new job at a potato processing facility.  He is living with my Mom & Dad, helping my Mom with odd jobs and giving her some peace of mind at night.  Although some nights he is not there, like Friday night, where he worked until one in the morning, came home and threw some things in the back of his car and went over to Rexburg to pick up Andrew.  They drove up to the parking lot at the trail head of Table Rock, threw down a tarp and slept from 3:00 am - 4:00 am (roughly) and then hiked Table Rock in 2 1/2 hours!  That is hauling up the mountain to see the sunsrise!  Interestingly, it took them about the same time to come DOWN the mountain as it did to go up.  (That is unfathomable to me, frankly, but they did it!)  The really funny part of this story is how I casually told Joseph that Grandma probably didn't like it that he did that, and he confirmed my assessment.  "No, she did not approve at all," he said.  For some reason, I totally knew that would be the case. I may or may not have done some crazy things like that in my teenage/young adult years, and Grandma may or may not have approved!  Ha ha ha!  We are all behaving true to form, as the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Mary just told me that Joseph told her that he probably shouldn't have told Grandma that he carried a 30 lb pack with a car jack in it up to Table Rock in order to roll rocks down the mountain.  Oh my word, I laughed so hard when she told me that!

AND, here's a selfie of me coming home from Church.  I taught Gospel Doctrine today on 1 Corinthians 11-16.  Awesome material!  

Libby just pointed out that Peter's elbows make it look like I have elf ears!  Hahahaha! He was sitting behind me in the car when I took the selfie.  Oh my heck, I didn't even realize that till now.  Super funny!

No comments: