Sunday, January 31, 2016

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

That is the theme we have had in our hearts all week, when a meeting was announced this week to describe changes in our ward boundaries.  It didn't end up being a huge change as far as the number of families, but a huge change because of the leadership and the great families that were moved to another ward.  But mostly our ward stayed intact, with the same Bishop, so we are happy to have all the same people to serve.  I didn't lose any of the sisters I visit teach, or my companion, so that is good.  And I am still a ward missionary, which is doubly good, because there is a lot more I want to accomplish with that calling.

Besides the meeting to announce the changes this afternoon, we had the pleasure of going over to eat dinner with the family of one of Jesse's companions!  Maren had Jesse as her last companion before she came home.  They were a delightful family to meet and talk to.
Maren couldn't say enough about what a good missionary Jesse was and what a great time they had as companions.  Of course these are the same exact things that Jesse wrote home about Maren!  We ate delicious chicken noodle soup, salad and Dad made some of his great artisan bread to take over there.  It was wonderful!  I feel like I have another great friend in the world in Laura.

What a fantastic thing it is to meet a family like this.  Although their kids are into sports and ours more into music, I felt like our families had so much in common.  We just kept finding one commonality/connection after another, such as the fact that Sarah V., Jesse's friend in Madrigals, just got engaged to Parker, who is Maren's childhood friend.  Small world!

Libby and I took a picture together this week when we both showed up wearing the California t-shirts that Jesse gave us for Christmas.  Fun!

This happened in our house Friday morning!  Kevin and Travis showed up at 6 am at our house and helped Peter make a breakfast for the Mad Boys.  Peter, Connor, Sam, Matthew, David, Kevin, Riley, Gunnar and Travis are picture below, with Josh on the piano.
 They practiced "So Happy Together" and it sounded great!  Josh is really doing a great job with these boys.
It brought back memories of having private concerts from the original Mad Boys when they would come over to our house occasionally to practice.  Good times!

Libby will be happy that I am posting this scorecard for the Qwirkle game we played last Sunday.
She beat Josh and I soundly!  Ha ha  Josh was perfectly disgusted by this the whole game, and it wasn't until after the game that he came away with a mature smile and congratulations for the little sis.  13 year olds beating 23 year olds (and 48 year olds) is classic to watch!  :)

Joseph and Mary hanging out at Uncle Craig and Aunt Jenette's!  There are some pictures that absolutely warm your heart, and this is one of them for me.  I love to see happy, contented faces!

 Mary reading to the young cousins!

This week I gave blood at a Red Cross Blood Drive.  As I did, I made a conscientious effort to send warmth, and love and light with that blood, to whoever it served.   I was in the very thought, and the phlebotomist working with me said, "You look so content, like you're about to fall asleep."  Interesting!  Cool that she could see that light and love on my face.  She thought it was because I was about to fall asleep, but it wasn't that.  I was pretty happy about that!

Bruce spent most of the week in Oregon for work meetings.  We were glad to see him come home. He is ever missed when he is gone!

I learned major life lessons this week about motivation, and why I do what I do.  It made things so much more clear for me, and I'm so grateful for the experiences that taught me my about these motivations.  I am reminded of Mr. Darcy saying to Elizabeth Bennett, at the end of Pride and Prejudice, "Surely, you must know...it was all for you."  This is how I feel about what I do for the Lord.  Surely, all I do is for Him, and to glorify his name and build up his kingdom in preparation for the Second Coming.  I love Him, and I'm so grateful that He in turn blesses me with untold peace and love in my heart.  It is a wonderful thing!




No comments: