Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Inversion Continues

Grey, grey, grey was the predominant only color we saw in the sky this week.  Thankfully I haven't felt grey inside.  I used to have trouble with that, but since I've been using essential oils, and using other great tools that I have learned, I haven't felt like that.  This is a true blessing!

BIG NEWS!  Our Stake is going to add two new wards next week!  Every ward in the Stake is having its boundaries re-drawn, except for ours.  We will stay just as we are, for which I am glad!  It's going to be exciting to see all the new changes.

BIG NEWS #2!  Our friend Erik Fisher made the Alpine US Olympic Ski Team!!  Go Erik!!

I had the opportunity to go to the Temple three days in a row this week.  I went for my weekly trip on Thursday, and then Friday morning I took Peter in and he did baptisms/confirmations (with our own names from our family history) while I did initiatory.  Then on Saturday, Bruce said he wanted to go to the Temple, so I went with him too!  It was wonderful.  When I walk in the doors of the Temple, it is so beautiful, and I always think, "I am welcome in my Father's home.  I'm home".

Libby had her friend Elyse over for the afternoon and besides making delicious brownies, they made this "Mayan Village".  Libby kept asking for more plastic cups, and the miserly mom in me wanted to say "No - you're wasting good cups!"; but then I thought, "For heaven's sakes, it doesn't cost that much for a package of plastic cups at Costco.  Let your children be creative and have some fun for a few dollars!"  They added more later with paper plates and bowls.

Peter started Honor Choir this week!  He got chosen as one of two 7th grade boys to represent his Middle School in the Honor Choir.  He enjoyed the rehearsal and said there were a ton of kids from his school.

Peter also went snowboarding with the middle school team yesterday!  He used a different board this time, a bigger one (which a generous friend is letting him borrow), and he said it gave him a lot more control.  Even though he still biffed it a bunch of times, he said he had fun.



There's been a lot of talk going around our house about Joshua coming home.  What will he be like, will he do this, and this will change, and what not.  His Homecoming talk in Church is scheduled for the 23 of Feb at 9 am.  Yesterday, Jan 25th was the 2 year anniversary of when he went into the MTC!  We are so excited for him to come home we can hardly stand it!!  Meanwhile, he's down there in San Miguel not being able to sleep because he is thinking of how little time he has left.  :)  This is the sign of a dedicated missionary!

Joseph wrote us that it was so hot in his bedroom without an air conditioning, that all the Elders got dehydrated and heat stroke one night, including Joseph.  Now he sleeps on the tile floor!  He says it is much cooler and he can sleep just fine!  I'm not at all worried about him sleeping on the tile floor.  Joseph can sleep anywhere, including sitting on a chair with his head down on a desk.  Ha ha!  At least on the tile floor he is flat.

Speaking of Joseph, I had to take a picture of this the other day.  Two post-it notes stuck to Mary's door.  (She moved them onto the new door when she moved bedrooms last summer).  Classic Joseph!
Dear Mary, You are one cool noodle. You don't even know how awesome you are yet. Someday you'll find out. Love Joseph.

Auditions for next year's incoming freshmen at BYU were this weekend at BYU's School of Music.  Jesse called and said that tensions were high in the HFAC!  We reminisced about being there a year ago and all that's happened since then.  I'm so grateful that she passed that hurdle and is now in the Performance Program and doing well!

Mary asked Nicholas to Tip-off this week (a girls-choice dance at the high school).  She filled a bunch of balloons and put them in his room.  Eleven of them had one word in it like "Will", "You", etc that said, "Will you got to Tip-off with me?"  And then her name was just one letter each.  That will be a fun evening for them.

I had an interesting experience this week.  After talking with my friend Karen, she helped me figure out that I had a bout with low blood sugar that really threw me for a loop.  I had a headache, nausea, and just felt terrible.  I ran on the Zyto Compass Software I have, and I had 20 biomarkers out of range and all 20 were brought in by Australian Blue (a Young Living essential oils blend).  It is good for the pancreas.  I had lent it to my Mom, so Bruce went over and got it for me, and I put it all around my head (that's where it hurt the worst - I didn't realize at the time that it was blood sugar, or I would have put it on the pancreas points on my feet).  Anyway, it totally helped and I improved steadily and was able to go to bed and sleep.  In the morning I woke up and was fine. 

I learned more than one lesson from that experience, but the one lesson that will remain with me for a long time is the feeling I had of surprise and shock at what it felt like to feel that terrible so suddenly.  I don't get sick that often, and I haven't felt that bad for a long, long time.  The next morning I realized that, in the tiniest of ways, I felt what it was like for the Savior in the Garden of Gethsemane, when He first started to undergo the suffering that comprised the Atonement.  He was the most pure, innocent, healthy soul to walk the earth, so when he felt the pain inherent in the Atonement, what a shock and a surprise it must have been to His tender soul!  I am so grateful for what He did for me, and in awe of His courage and love.

Speaking of that, I got my Christmas present, which is a painting of the Savior, back from the framers, and hung it up in our house.  It is stunning!  I love it so much!  I was going to take a picture of it, but I want it to be a surprise for Joshua, Joseph and Jesse when they come home, to find it in the house and see what they think!

Bruce has been struggling with coughing and breathing with the poor air quality during this inversion.  Thank goodness I have been able to use the diffuser with oils every night in our room and that helps a lot.

With whatever else I will report on next week, I hope one is that we have seen some sun!

No comments: