Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Joseph!

Mary made this a little while ago.  I love this!
I had a great week this week as far as my business helping people with tools for natural healing.  I had a paying client, or more than one, every day this week.  This has been a dream of mine for a long time, and to see it coming to fruition is deeply satisfying.  One client texted me later in the afternoon and said, "I feel 30 lbs. lighter!"  Another said, "My heart was grey, and now it is sunny and happy.  I woke up the next morning and though, 'Wow!'"  Another one said, "I can't even begin to tell you how much better I felt after our last visit, and even the days after."  It is such comments that give me pause to thank Heavenly Father for His goodness in allowing me to be a small part of setting up the conditions so people can heal through the light of Christ.  Jesus Christ is the Master Healer, and light and healing comes from Him.

When I was cutting Peter's hair just now, he said, "It's gonna stink to get old."  I said, "Why? It's the best time of your life.  I've never been happier."  He was genuinely surprised when I said that.  But it is true, at least for me.  I've never been in such a happy place as I am now.

In addition to having all that fun with the clients I had last week, I also got to go with the Spanish Elders to teach a family that lives about 3 miles from us.  To teach the about what happened in the First Vision, we actually sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer.  It was so great - I loved that way of teaching!  Then this same family came on Saturday night and we talked about oils and how they could help them, and then they also said they would come to Church on Sunday (today.).  Well, when they left I danced around the house, and - need I say it again - I think I've never been happier in my life.  ha ha  The lady didn't end up coming to Church, but the husband did.  He has been to Church 3 weeks in a row.  I am very humbled by his honest commitment to wanting to know what is true.  Except by parents, I'm sure that there are no more sincere and pleading prayers offered to the Lord, than those offered by missionaries for their investigators.  I surely felt that today when I sat by Heriberto in Sacrament Meeting today.






Libby has been reading like mad.  She read 7 books over Christmas break.  At the moment she is reading Slathbog's Gold, and is really enjoying it.








 Peter went to the Scout Merit Badge Clinic yesterday.  When he got home, he joined us in taking down the Christmas tree and all the decorations.  Whew - that is a big job.  I'm glad it's taken care of!






Jesse called on FaceTime and told us she has been called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society.  She said they don't really have evening RS meetings, so it will be interesting to see what her calling entails.  She is doing great this semester.  She said she feels like she is much more prepared for this semester than last.  It's like getting through the first few months on your mission - you are glad when you are through that!  She also said, "This semester is different than last semester.  I've learned to love the piano even more than I did before.  Whenever I'm playing I forget all my other cares."

Joseph got bit by a dog.  We didn't get much more information, other than that he has a moon shaped scar on his leg.  Yikes!
Joseph as a baby
This week Joseph turns 20 years old!  He has turned into an amazing young adult, and I'm proud beyond what I can express to be his mother.
Last hug before he went into the MTC
Happy Birthday Joseph!!

Joshua was able to return to his area on Tuesday.  He said it was not affected so much by the Chaparrastique ash plume because it mostly blew the other way, but he said that there are areas in his Zone that were affected, and badly.  The Elders that were in that area are still serving in other areas.  Joshua has left than 5 weeks left!  It is getting close enough that I am starting to have dreams about it.

Mary found out some SUPER fun news this week.  Madrigals are going to sing Loch Lomond!
I love, love, love this song!  But what it is even more fun, is that Josh knows this song, since Madrigals sang this song in 2010.  So when he gets home, he can go over once in awhile and sing with the Madrigals and show those basses how it's done!  And they are singing Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho too.  This makes me want to dance around and sing, too.  I do a lot of dancing around and singing.  Ha ha!

Life is good!  Life is good because God is Good!

No comments: