Monday, January 26, 2009

Hermanos

Here is a picture of my brother Chris with his two sons, Lane and the newborn, JD. Welcome to the family JD!!

I was just talking to Chris today about what an amazing thing it is to bring a sibling into a family. What I mean is that Chris and Elena have just brought JD into the family, and from now on, there will be this bond between Lane and JD that is like no other relationship the two of them will ever have with anyone else. The tie with your sibling next to you - it's just a unique bond that can't be duplicated. Of course that's a generalization, and won't be the same in every case, but for the most part, I think it's true. At least it is for me, and my children.

I can't wait to get to know this new little person, whom I will know and love forever. Think of that! Or maybe I'm being short-sighted here. Maybe I should say that we'll be getting reaquainted? I would like to think that, but I'm not sure. I do know I will love him forever, though.

I so wish we were closer and could hold him. Bruce, Julianne, and Holly, you guys get your little hineys over there and hold that little baby for us! :)

Speaking of that, Conal & Monique - we need more pictures of Macy!

By the way, THE SUN WAS OUT AGAIN TODAY. Oh, it feel lucious to have the sun bathing my face with light. Ahhhh. The downside is that it's 16 degrees outside, but I'll take that over inversion and 30 degrees anytime.

No comments: