Sunday, August 3, 2014

Quiet Summer Week

I guess I call it a quiet summer week because we are neither traveling anywhere, not preparing to travel anywhere this coming week.  Whew!

On Monday I was able to do a Foot Zone on a woman that was 41 weeks pregnant.  She had had two C-sections and wanted to have a v-bac (vaginal birth after Cesarian), which is increasingly rare.  On Friday she did just that!  I was so happy and relieved for her, and thankful that maybe I played some small part in it.

Wednesday I got to take Libby and the Beehives to float down the river!  It was so much fun.  Floating down that river, you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, and yet you're only a mile off the highway.  We found about a dozen tubes last year in a bucket when we were cleaning out Grandma and Grandpa's house, and they have come in handy many times already this summer!

I enjoyed going to the Temple this week with my dear friend Elysia and Josh.  We had a good discussion in the Celestial Room.  That is a precious treasure in that setting.

When I help someone move, I get motivated to clean stuff out of my house.  This week I cleaned my room top to bottom, (well, there are still some drawers to go through), and did some major dejunking in my office.  Part of that was to sort through all the children's books we have on the bottom shelf of my office.  What memories!  I loved reading to the children when they were young.  I have most of those books memorized (or I did). ha ha  I am happy to have some more room and less clutter in this office.

It has been fun having Josh here this week!  He has not been able to start work back at the Landscaping company he was with as of yet, so he spent a lot of time reading this week!  Back to his good ol' standby.  I love to see my kids with their noses buried in a book.  They seriously can get away with just about anything...

Our Church meetings this morning were so touching to me.  I felt the Spirit of the Lord strongly in every meeting.  In Gospel Doctrine, we talked about the mantle of stewardship going from one person to the next, and it was wonderful to hear of the gifts and blessings that accompany a calling or a stewardship.

I am so grateful for the hand of the Lord in my life.  His blessings to me have been innumerable.  He is my rock and my stay, and when I am wont to wade in deep waters, He rescues me time and time again.  I love him and want to be in his presence forever.

 

No comments: