Sunday, October 27, 2013

High School Choir Concert

Bruce and I were both sick (all through the Cider Festival too!).  But we powered through the weekend, and then had to spend all day Sunday sleeping, except for Sacrament Meeting and Young Woman's Standards Night.  We rarely get sick at the same time, but this time we were both down.  I got sick mostly because of lack of sleep.  I was only getting 4-5 hours a night, which isn't quite enough.   ha ha  I have been working on getting more sleep now to prevent this from happening again!


Mary had her first choir concert this week!  She perform with the Madrigals, shown here singing the Star Spangled Banner.
 And she performed "Eye of the Tiger" with the Show Choir.
 I thought I was taking a video and ended up only taking a picture!  Bummer...

Peter played his last soccer game of the season (well, outdoor soccer game, that is).  My friend Hoot Gibson took some great pictures of him playing a few weeks ago.
Bruce was the coach of his team, and enjoyed coaching with Larren, formerly the High School boys soccer coach.  Peter was the team Co-Captain of the team, and he did a great job as a mid-fielder and defender!


On Thursday, after I did a Raindrop Demonstration, I got a call from sister Angie telling me that my Dad had fainted and to go and help right away.  My parents live 10 min away, so Bruce and I jumped in the car and headed over there.  The paramedics were there by the time we got there, and he was conscious, but with very weak vital signs.  They took him in the ambulance to the hospital, but before they did, Bruce gave him a  blessing in which he said, "I bless you that you will be healed".  I have to admit that I was totally surprised by this, because I thought this was Dad's last day on Earth.  In the ER, they couldn't find anything wrong with him except that his kidney numbers were a little high compared to normal.  Well, he's 82 - shouldn't the kidneys be a little off?  :) 
Well, Mom and I brought him home.  He's all chipper in this picture, but he didn't look like that just an hour earlier!

On Friday night we came over to watch the BYU - Boise State game (way to go Cougars!!), and then when we went to go home, Dad had a moment where he wouldn't go to bed, was confused, and was talking about us following the right path to get our clothes.  Mom said it was stuff left over from working in the clothing disbursement in the Army.  At one point, I told Bruce to get up from the couch where he had been sleeping.  He was slow getting up, and was still sprawled out on the couch.  Dad pointed to him, looked at me and said, "Tell him what to do."  I laughed so hard at that - I laughed and laughed!  Mom said later that my laughter was like medicine to her.  She needed someone to experience Dad in this state, and it was good to laugh about it. It is indeed a miracle, however, that Dad is all right, and I thank Heavenly Father for it.

We've had beautiful fall weather this week.  The leaves all around have been gorgeous, including our own red maples out in front.  We are grateful to be surrounded with such beauty.

No comments: