Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference Weekend!

Well, we're into Fall!  We had the first frost a few nights ago, and the leaves are starting to turn.

Good news for this week - we got a new (to us) car!  It's a 2007 Chevrolet Impala.
I call it Silver.  We bought it from our good friend Tom, who has now sold us all the cars that we own. :)  It was the first and only car we test drove.  It is exactly what we wanted, so were in and out within an hour!  I love that kind of shopping!

The really cool thing about this silver colored car is that I've been concentrating on my Vision Board every day, and on it I have the Silver Rank advancement for Young Living, and so I've been thinking of what can I bring into my life that is Silver, and here came this car.  I am attracting Silver!!

I started teaching two Foot Zone Classes last week.  I love teaching this class!  I love the people who come and invest the time and money to learn something beneficial for their family.  I have about 16 people in the class, including some old-timers (meaning they are repeating the class).  I used some of my skills I learned in Present Yourself! two weeks ago, so I hope that made the class more exciting.

The kids had the day off of school on Thursday and Friday.  We didn't plan anything big, so we worked in the mornings, and then they had friends over to hang out in the afternoons.  We started working on the flower bed in the front yard to get ready for the Cider Festival.  It is all overgrown with grass, and I have learned a hard lesson about an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure.

Saturday and Sunday we enjoyed General Conference!  I marveled at how the same subjects and material were covered, and yet somehow it ends up being so refreshing and uplifting!  It never gets old to speak of true doctrine and have the Spirit present.  I found myself with tears running down my face often and freely.  At one point I thought, I'm just going to watch Conference all by myself in a corner room, so I can cry out loud and as much as I want without anyone thinking I'm losing it.  Ha ha!  I did a similar thing when I was driving by myself once, I just cried as loud and as hard as I wanted, listening to sacred choral music, and it was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had.  It makes me chuckle to write and think about it, but it is true!

I loved how the Bretheren did not shy away from any controversial topics.  They were addressed, one by one, and not in any methodical way, because they are not assigned topics, but as they felt it in their hearts.  It was marvelous!  I know that we have prophets living on the earth today, and I sustain the First Presidency and Quorum of  the Twelve of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as prophets, seers and revelators.  This coming week in Sunday School, I get to teach a lesson entitled, "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet".  That will be fun to teach!

Mary went on a date with Christian on Friday, and Jesse was on a date with someone at BYU (a boy that our friends Laura and Bill from Washington know).  All this makes for a nevrous papa.  ha ha  No, he's been pretty good - getting used the idea of dating girls.  :)

Peter was riding Zenos on Friday, one of our horses, and a big semi went by, and Zenos got spooked by the shadow of it.  She bucked Peter off, and then she stepped on his knee.  He got right back on her and rode her home, but we've been working on his knee ever since, putting PanAway essential oil blend on it and some other things.  It is doing better, but he is still half-limping.

On Friday night, I was watching Libby dance to one of the songs from Tangled - When Will My Life Begin - and she was incorporating a lot of the moves that she is learning in her Lyrical dance class, and I was pretty amazed.  She is really good!  I need to video her soon so I'll have proof!  In her dance class, she is the youngest one, and is actually supposed to be in the younger class because of her age, but Shayna had her sign up with the older girls because of her talent.

I am as happy in my life right now as I've ever been.  We have been exceedingly blessed - always - but it seems more than ever now.  And I know that where much is given much is expected, so I am focusing on how to turn outward and comfort, cheer and empower people.  I have resources to do that, and I will use them for good.

If you find yourself struggling, please, tune in to lds.org and watch the General Conference sessions.  There is much hope and direction to be found there!   All hope and direction comes from Jesus Christ, as He is the author and finisher of our faith.  He is the Master Healer, and I love and worship Him with all my heart.  He can heal and comfort you too, because He loves you.  You are important to Him!



No comments: