Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tender Mercies

I volunteered to coach Mary's soccer game today because both coaches were going to be gone.  I was supposed to take the net and the flags as part of my coaching responsibility.  I forgot them.  I didn't remember until we were at the game, getting out of the car.  OH NO.  The game was away, and we were half hour from being able to get the net and flags, so that option was out.  My only hope was that the other coach would be close enough to pick up a net and flags, if possible.  As I walked morosely out toward the field, I noticed that each corner had a flag already, and the nets were already up.  This is a brand new field this year, and apparently they saw fit to outfit the field with flags and the nets.  A parent was there, and aware of my situation commented, "You must be living right."  Well, I don't know about that, but I'm so grateful that the Lord provided a tender mercy for me.

Besides that, I got to the field with "Drive to Empty" miles on our truck.  And I went a long ways on that.  (I know it's not good for the engine).

Two very tender mercies for me today.  I acknowledge the hand of the Lord in blessing my life.

1 comment:

Elaine Brown Billings said...

Whew . . . . nice to have tender mercies in life!