Saturday, October 25, 2008

End of Seasons

Last Wednesday was our last game of the fall season. We were missing Trystin, but everyone else was there for our 10-1 win. We were undefeated in regular season play. We only lost one game this season 4-3, in a tournament. The point total for the season was 53-11! Basically we whomped on everyone we played. Our closest game was 4-1. We were awesome!!

OK - just had to get that out!

And here is a video of all the darling Young Women in the Spanish Branch. We went to a Corn Maze Wednesday night for our activity, which will be our last Mutual activity with the Spanish Branch. I'm so glad I got this video of all the girls. We've never had this many girls out to an activity, so it was so cool to have this one last chance to be together. I love these girls! They have so much potential. Teaching in the High School has given me a new appreciation for the world they live in, and my respect for them has skyrocketed as I have seen how they live and the standards they uphold amidst the total opposite of what they believe in.




Tomorrow we are singing "O esta todo bien" or "Come, Come Ye Saints" as a family for the musical number. The words are a great comfort to me - all is well - because that is what I need to know as we leave the Spanish Branch. I have faith that the Lord is mindful of each one of these girls, and will care for them well. If I did not have that faith, I don't know how I could leave the Branch.

And so, two significant sources of fun, happiness and joy, but also stress and dedicated time, ended in one day. I am relieved and saddened at the same time.

No comments: